Sunday, December 11, 2022

Back To The Grind


It has been quite some time since I've focused on my weight loss journey. A great deal of that I owe to finding comfortability in my own skin. Learning self-love and how to appreciate my body for all that it has gone through over the years. I still have days where I look in the mirror and I feel disheartened at what I see but overall, my outlook has been much better these days compared to how I use to treat my body. My s/o is consistently reassuring me that there is nothing wrong with my body. That he enjoys me as I am. I am doing this for myself. I've been talking about wanting to get back into the grind of things for awhile now and I decided that I am never going to get anywhere by thinking about it. I am not going in restricting myself or making big drastic changes as I have previously. Instead, I am using what I have on hand already and will add in healthier options when I grocery shop next.

I am big about accountability. I have to hold myself accountable in order for me to feel like I'm achieving I have learned that I have to see everything I am doing. I am a visual person and physically seeing everything tracked and worked on will help me in the long run. It also helps when it comes to deciding whether or not to splurge.

I am going low-carb this time. I will be tracking everything on MyFitnessPal. I will also be documenting my journey on here as well. I am going to cut out sodas and energy drinks. I have been working on drinking more water as well. I know I have what it takes to succeed, I just need to keep myself motivated and have the drive to push myself.

The last time I weighed myself on here was September 5th, 2018 and I weighed in at 235.4
On MyFitnessPal the last time I logged a weigh in was May 6th, 2021 and I weighed in at 239. 


This weigh in isn't 100% accurate because it was taken in the afternoon after eating. My first true weigh in won't be for two weeks due to my schedule but this gives me an idea of where I'm starting. I am surprised by this weigh in but also really excited by it. 

I have already started tracking my food diary and started cutting out the sodas. I am really excited to go low-carb because it is a long term healthy decision and I won't be relying on dietary aides as I have in the past.


Brightest Blessings Lovelies, it is definitely good to be back.

2 comments: