Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Slim-Fast Journey

This was literally the first week of Slim Fast. I haven't been sticking to it 100% but I will be this week. Last week was really hectic but this week I am refocused and back on track. This is how I know this journey is different. I don't let a setback hold me back. I keep pushing forward. I keep making sure I do my best everyday. My hip injury has made me nervous but I want to see bigger losses on the scale. I want to see what happens when I give 110%. Now that I am on a set schedule I have my slim-fast laid out so I am ready for the day. I am not sticking to their products, I have made it so it doesn't cost a large amount. The products I've bought make the journey only around 20 a week. The biggest expense is the shake mix (6.98) and the meal replacement bars (10.98). The snacks aren't 100 calories but stay pretty close. I am logging everything I eat and if I use my dinner early, I make sure to eat a meal replacement bar for dinner. I like Slim Fast because it gives me control. It helps me stay on track and it encourages me to keep my metabolism up.

According to another blog with Slim Fast the weight lost in a 60 day period is 3-10. I'm going to show you how wrong you are. Previously on Slim Fast before I quit I had lost over 30 pounds on it. That was sticking to the meal set up and working out daily. I am 18 days into my journey and already down 4.4 pounds, and that's not being 100% on Slim Fast. Let's see how much more I lose in 42 days.

The taste of the mix is really yummy with the skim milk I take. I also use a shaker bottle which blends it really well. To me, there isn't a strong aftertaste. Slim-fast encourages you to eat every 2-3 hours. I start my morning with a meal replacement shake. In a few hours I eat a snack around 100 calories, a few hours later it's meal bar time, then another snack, then dinner, then another snack. That is three snacks, a meal shake, a meal bar, and then a balanced 500 calorie dinner. As soon as I start to feel hungry, it's time to eat again. For me personally, it is teaching me self-control. To be aware of my body and what I am putting in it. I don't deny myself, if I am craving something I eat it and log it. I am honest with my body.

So far so good, can't wait for the next weigh in. :)

8 comments:

  1. I can't drink milk, so Slim Fast is not an option for me anymore. When I had tried it years and years ago, I liked the simplicity, not worrying about meal planning, not stressing over what to eat. I used a blender and put ice in with the mix so the shake was thicker and more like a milkshake, and that was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the simplicity of it and how you can change it to fit your needs.

      Delete
    2. It's really good with almond milk. Have you tried that?

      Delete
  2. Work the plan and the plan will work. So proud of you for sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete