Thursday, December 7, 2017

Journaling For Weight-Loss


This lovely segment is hosted by Sarah over at 3 Purple Things. Be sure to visit her and leave a comment!


Journal prompt #7
Rewards

Rewarding yourself for meeting goals is a big part of many weight loss journeys. Does planning a reward really work for you? Is it better for a short term goal or long term goal? What rewards do you usually give yourself?  Is it a good idea to reward yourself with food?  Why or why not?  What's your ultimate reward  for when you meet your goal weight?

I usually reward myself in ten pound increments. When I get below 200 I will give myself a bigger reward for getting rid of a signigant amount of weight. I do anything from a new coloring book, cross stitch supplies, clothing. Anything I've wanted but haven't bought. 

I don't personally reward myself with food because I feel like I've worked hard to lose that weight and to reward myself with a meal or junk food I've been craving would be taking three steps backwards.

My ultimate reward is going to be a new wardrobe once I'm where I feel healthy. I don't have a goal weight in mind, I'm just working to be healthier for myself and my family.



3 comments:

  1. My ultimate reward is also going to be new clothes. I like looking at catalogs or online and bookmarking things that I would love to get when I get down to my goal weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts on your reward system. Who doesn't want a new wardrobe?! I'd love to go shopping for new, smaller clothes once I reach goal.

    Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cross stitch supplies would be my reward too :)

    ReplyDelete